Often people get confused between the terms plastic and a cosmetic surgery. Some people think of it to be similar. It is necessary to know that both are two different terms conveying a different meaning. Both deal with improving the patient’s body.
Plastic surgery has 2 branches:
- Cosmetic surgery
- Reconstructive plastic surgery
The principles, procedures, and techniques of cosmetic surgery focus on enhancing the patient’s appearance whereas the plastic surgery focus on repairing the defects to reconstruct the normal appearance. The cosmetic surgery can be performed on any part of the body, on the other hand, the plastic surgery is specially performed to reconstruct the facial and body defects due to burns, trauma, diseases or birth disorders.
The main purpose of the cosmetic surgery is to minimize the cosmetic shortcomings, defects, age-related changes in the neck, face and other parts of the body.
Types of cosmetic surgery:
- Breast surgery: It is also called as Mammoplasty. The mammoplasty procedures include the following:
Breast augmentation or enlargement: It is usually carried out in women who feels their breast is too small, one is larger than the other, or if they notice drastic changes in their breast size after pregnancy or breastfeeding. Some women also prefer this procedure when their breasts begin to droop as the skin loses its elasticity. It is done with saline or silicon gel.
Breast reduction: This can provide relief from physical discomfort. It also reduces the chances of breast cancer in women.
Mastopexy or breast lift: It involves removing skin or glandular tissues which make the breast appear smaller and rearranging the remaining tissues to make the breast appear lifted.
Male breast reduction: It is used to treat gynecomastia which is enlargement of mammary tissue in men. It is done by liposuction or various scar patterns which are usually hidden around the nipple or areola.
It is a surgical procedure that uses thin cannulas or hollow metal tubes to remove fat from various parts of the body such as abdomen, thighs, buttocks, hips, neck and back of the arms. A number of procedures are involved in the suction of fat through the tube such as ultrasound, mechanical and laser devices. The complications associated with this are rare but is possible. In order to reduce the complications, only limited amount of fat is removed which is safe for the patient. Liposuction should not be intended as a weight-loss procedure. Some common complications include infection, hematoma- a condition wherein the blood gets accumulated under the skin, changes in sensation, or any allergic reactions. In some cases, it may even cause damage to the underlying structures. However one should know the fact that liposuction will not reduce the risk of diabetes, heart attacks or high blood pressure.
Labiaplasty or labioplasty is the surgery of the labia majora or labia minora of the vulva, a part of the female genitalia. There is a lack of clinical support or scientific evidence to guide the surgeons so as to perform safe and effective vaginal procedures.
ABDOMINALPLASTY or “TUMMY TUCK”:
It is a form of surgery that reshapes and firms the abdomen. It is done with the aim of tightening the muscles of the abdominal wall by removing excess fat from the middle or lower abdomen. It is usually after pregnancy or after losing a great deal of weight.
FACIAL COSMETIC SURGERY:
There are different types of surgery under this category. To list a few:
- ¨ Eyelid surgery or Blepharoplasty: It aims at reshaping the eyelids. It involves removing or repositioning excess skin and fat and reinforcement of the surrounding muscles and tendons.
- ¨ Rhinoplasty: It aims at reshaping the nose, so it is otherwise called as a nose It is done to enhance the appearance and to improve breathing as well. It involves reshaping the tip and the bony hump on the top of the nose.
- ¨ Otoplasty: It is done to treat the prominent or misshapen ears by surgically pinning the ears close to the head with help of surgical tools. It is done in children of 5 to 6 age group.
- ¨ Browplasty: It is otherwise called as a brow lift or forehead lift. It is done to remove the aging signs among the people 40 years and above. It involves removing the drooping eyebrows and forehead wrinkles or the worry lines.
- ¨ Chin augmentation: It is done to make the chin more prominent. It is done along with other facial procedures such as rhinoplasty.
- ¨ Cheek augmentation: It is done to make the cheekbones more prominent. The surgeon may place an implant on top of the cheekbone.
Hair transplantation can help renew hair growth. The procedure involves transplanting the tiny hair follicle grafts from the back of the scalp where the hair is denser to the portion which is affected by hair loss. Minute incisions are made on the scalp to achieve this process. The patient has to undergo several sessions to get the desired results.
After 6 weeks or so the hair begins to fall from the transplanted area. In about 3 months, new hair starts to develop.
Are cosmetic surgeries in India really the best?
Choosing a cosmetic surgeon is a very important decision that one has to make. Nowadays, you can find a lot of cosmetic surgeons online but we can’t assure if they do really have the certification. Having these doubts in mind you cannot peacefully go about with the surgical procedures. We are here to help you out. Anything you wanted to know about the cosmetic or plastic surgeries or about the surgeons or the surgery centers, just log on to www.freedoctorhelpline.com or call us at +918010555444. Our doctors are there for you to guide you along the right path.
Here we provide you the list of best cosmetic surgeons in India:
- Mukund Thatte
- Ranjith Raje
- Anil Nirale
- Sanjay Mahendru
- Srikanth V
- K. Sridhar
- J. Jayaraman
- T.C. Chandran
- P.K. Talwar
- Anup Dhir
- Vivek Kumar
- Antony Arvind
- G. Manoharan
- Chetan Satish
- R. Krishnamoorthy
- Jayanthy Ravindhar
- Vipul Sud
If you would like to know more details about these surgeons or you would like to have an appointment with any of the above surgeons you are free to contact us on www.freedoctorhelpline.com or call us at +918010555444. Our doctors will guide you through the right path.
Some of India’s best cosmetic surgery centers are given below. Have a look at the following and contact us on www.freedoctorhelpline.com or call us at +918010555444 to get more detailed information about them.
- Cosmesis India
- Clinique belle
- Cosmetic studio
- Sun cosmetic clinic
- AK clinics
- MIDAS AESTHETIC CENTER
- Cavalier hospital
- The medical park
- Aura cosmetic center
- Pearl plastic surgery clinic
- Raj cosmetic & plastic surgery center
- Spring med spa
- Hande hospital
Raj cosmetic & plastic surgery center:
The Raj cosmetic & plastic surgery center is one of the best skin care clinic in Chennai. It is located at Anna Nagar near coffee day shop & axis bank.
ADDRESS: no. 2037, 15th main road, Anna Nagar, ch-40.
To get more details on this center contact us on www.freedoctorhelpline.com or call us at +918010555444 to get more detailed information about them.
Some of the cosmetic non-surgical procedures provided by Raj cosmetic & plastic surgery center are:
- Laser scar removal: it is a non-invasive, advanced scar treatment technique that offers excellent results without the discomfort of the surgery. It is used to improve surgical and acne scars. It makes use of the laser technology to reduce the scar without affecting the surrounding skin area. After the treatment, the scar becomes less visible leaving behind the smooth and attractive skin.
- Chemical peels: This technique uses a chemical solution which is applied on the surface of neck, face, and hands. This solution causes the skin to exfoliate and eventually peel off. The new regenerated skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin. The new skin is temporarily sensitive to the skin. There are basically 3 types of chemical peels:
- Superficial peel: it is used to exfoliate only the outer layer of the skin. It improves the appearance, discoloration and the roughness of the skin.
- Medium peel: it is used to penetrate into the out and a middle layer of the skin. It is used to remove the damaged skin cells and improves age spots, fine lines & wrinkles.
- Deep peel: it is used to deeply penetrate into the middle layer of the skin to remove the damaged skin cells. It also improves age spots, fine lines & wrinkles.
Chemical peels are used to treat a number of conditions such as
- Acne scars
- Aging skins
- Sun damaged skins
- Laser hair treatment: the removal of unwanted hairs is a similar problem of hair loss. There are laser treatments for the removal of unwanted hairs and some of the centers in Chennai provide the best services. One such center is the Raj cosmetic & plastic surgery center. The procedure involves the usage of highly concentrated light into the hair follicles which is then absorbed by the pigments to destroy the hair growth. Laser treatments are considered the best as they are painless and is also provides a permanent solution to the problem.
Some of the benefits of laser treatments provided by Chennai centers are:
- Less time-consuming
- Painless treatment techniques
- Long lasting and permanent solutions
Dr. Karthik Ram- MRCS, DNB is the best Indian plastic surgeon in Chennai. His clinic is located at Chetpet. He has done a number of plastic surgeries and it is very clear from the patient’s reviews that getting the treatment done here is worth every penny. The clinic has an amazing environment and one could get a 5-star experience here. At the same time, the fee structure is very reasonable and affordable. Dr. Karthik and his team has done many excellent works and has inspired many patients as well.
The various plastic surgery options for skin burns include:
- Skin grafts
- Free flap procedures
- Tissue expansion
To know which method the surgeon will opt for you and to know its cost in detail contact on www.freedoctorhelpline.com or call us at +918010555444. Our doctors will guide you
The following gives the statistical data regarding various surgeries and the percentage of people undergoing these treatments.
- Skin grafting 22.5%
- Flap reconstruction 13%
- Tendon repair 7.6%
- Wound excision 45.8%
- Fasciotomy 0.2%
- Composite grafting 0.3%
The cost of various cosmetic & plastic surgeries in Chennai:
- Breast enlargement- INR 1,10,000
- Breast lift-INR 1,10,000
- Breast reduction-INR 1,10,000
- Male breast reduction-INR 55,000
- Liposuction-INR 45,000 per area
- Body lift- INR 1,50,000
- Tummy tuck- INR 1,10,000
- Arm tuck- INR 1,10,000
- Thigh lift- INR 1,30,000
- Facelift- INR 1,50,000
- Nose surgery- INR 45,000 TO 1,00,000
- Brow lift- INR 60,000
- Eyelids surgery- INR 25,000 Per lid
- Ear reshaping- INR 30,000 Per ear
- Hair transplant-INR 30 per graft
The cost of other treatments will be provided on request because it depends on the many other factors. To know the details of other surgeries please contact us on www.freedoctorhelpline.com or call us at +918010555444.
If you have a health insurance or Medicare schemes you can approach them regarding it. In most cases, these will be accepted and you can get the treatment done at free of cost.